Retrouvez nous sur Français 1erebac » Facebook |

Will or going to ?

jeudi 11 octobre 20180 commentaires

Will or going to ?



When we want to talk about future facts or things we believe to be true about the future, we use ‘will’.
  • I’m sure you’ll like her.
  • I’m certain The new president will  do a good job.
   If we are not so certain about the future, we use ‘will’ with expressions such as ‘probably’, ‘possibly’, ‘I think’, ‘I hope’.
  • I’ll possibly come but I may not get back in time.
  • I think we’ll sign the contract tomorrow.
   At the moment of making a decision, use ‘will’. Once you have made the decision, talk about it using ‘going to’.
  • I’ll call Jenny to let her know. Sarah, I need Jenny’s number. I’m going to call her about the meeting.
    Use “ will “ for Promises
1-   If I am elected president of theUnited States, I’ll make sure you will have access to inexpensive health insurance.
   Use “ will “ when you offer to do something for someone.
A /  I am very hungry.
B : Ok, I “ll make some sandwiches right now.

 II – Going to

.   If you are making a future prediction based on evidence in the present situation, use ‘going to’.
1- Not a cloud in the sky. It’s going to be another warm day.
2- Look at the queue. We’re not going to get in for hours.
3- Be careful! You’re going to spill your coffee.
   Use “ going to”  when you have a plan.
1-   We are going to meet at 6:00 at the railway station.
2-   I am going to invite my colleagues for diner tonight.
Omar Ait Hnizzi – Lycée IbnBattouta/Aklim 
Exercices:
IF…
1. MATCH THE TWO PARTS OF THE SENTENCE
2. MATCH THE TWO PARTS OF THE SENTENCE 2
3. COMPLETE THE SENTECES
4. COMPLETE THE SENTENCES 2
5. MATCH THE TWO PARTS OF THE SENTENCES 3
6. CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER
Partager l'article :
 
Amis : Mathématiques | Français pour tous les niveaux
Copyright © 2012. La 1ère année BAC - Tous droits réservés
Template Conçu par LeBlogger Site du réseaux Biz media
Propulsé par Blogger