Retrouvez nous sur Français 1erebac » Facebook |

Expressing wishes and hopes

jeudi 11 octobre 20180 commentaires

Expressing wishes and hopes


We use wish that+ constructions with wouldcouldwaswere or past tenses to express wishes for unlikely or impossible situations and to express regret.
- A- unlikely situations
– I wish The Arab nations will unite to find a solution to their problems.
– I wish I were a president.

B- Impossible situations
– I wish I had wings to fly high and cruise round the world.
C- Regret ( or feeling sorry for a past action )
– I wish I didn’t fight with my teacher.
D- wish + unreal past ( to express regret about a present situation.)
– I wish I could drive a car.
– I wish I lived in Agadir.
E- to express a wish for the future
– “ I wish my son would write me letters every day” says a mother whose son lives inLondon
E- wish is used to express dissatisfaction for a present situation and a hope for a change in the future.
Eg : I wish they would change the family code one of these days.
– I wish they would stop making bombs.
F- wish is used when a person does not control what he hopes for.
Eg – I wish it would stop raining
–       I wish the train would come soon.
j- for wishes about things that are positive and seem likely in the future,we use hope +that clause with simple present or future will forms
eg – I hope that will spend a nice journey in friwatou
–          I hope that the world does not lose sight of hungry children inAfrica.

 By Mr Omar  
Lycée IBN-BATTOUTA – AKLIM


Partager l'article :
 
Amis : Mathématiques | Français pour tous les niveaux
Copyright © 2012. La 1ère année BAC - Tous droits réservés
Template Conçu par LeBlogger Site du réseaux Biz media
Propulsé par Blogger